Friday, May 14, 2010

Do we want to live like an ADD child or Focused adult?

At the church I go to, I see on a pretty regular basis new people coming in receiving God's word, becoming baptised and then alot great things changing in their life. Where before they have had a hard time paying their bills, finding a job, putting food on the table, whatever the case maybe, God supplies their needs because they started to come church, they received His Word, they accepted him in their hearts. They are diligent for a good period of time, coming to church on Sundays and if they were coming to morning devotions, sticking to it, and making a point to come to Hope groups (small groups), but then as they are doing well with their jobs and God give them more and blesses them and take them out of difficult situations, I've seen many fall in the trap of the devil. Where all of us are easily swayed.

It seems as though when I watch them, I think "Oh I could never do that. I've made bad decisions before I won't make the same ones that take me away from God. I couldn't risk losing the one who loves me. " Well I think its easier to follow God when you have nothing, then when you have been given what you need or maybe I should what you think you need. We are soo easily entangled by the world and by what it has to offer us. When a new thing/a new change is thrown our way, its easy to get wrapped up in that and not remember what is constant in our life. I think when we focus on the things that are thrown at us and not the things that are constant, we lose a part of ourselves in the process. In trying to figuring out how to live with those things, we forget about what is most important, GOD.

God is our ever constant. He keeps us on the straight and narrow path.

No comments: