Friday, June 04, 2010

Tithing

Last night in hope group someone brought up tithing and how if you don't bring it with a loving heart it like bringing it with a grumbling heart. I started to wonder when that was said, since I have been approved of disability and have been receiving money, have I been giving to God with a grumbling heart? Like a kid who has an extra piece of candy and their parent is with them and they see a child that wants a piece and may not get any candy unlike that other kid. Am I being a grumbly child that is saying "Mine, this is mine! You can't have!" or am I looking up at God "Do I have to?" and they sheepishly give the piece of candy to the kid. But there is another perspective of tithing. Am I being one of those kids thats so willing to just give not even having to be told? They share their toys, they share their food, they share their friends, they share their money, whatever they share. They just do.

What am I? What are you?

Web stats

No comments: